3 Simple Steps to Protect Yourself from Fraud
It’s hard to go a day and not hear the word “fraud,” “scam,” or “cybersecurity.” These topics are becoming household terms and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Luckily there are three simple (and super easy) steps that you can take right this minute to reduce your risk of being a victim of fraud.
With your personal debit card from Pioneer, you have access to Card Controls & Alerts
, an extra layer of protection. You can choose how and when your debit card is used or receive alerts whenever an unusual purchase is made. Simply activate (or adjust) your settings in the Pioneer Mobile App. Here are just a few features of Card Controls & Alerts:
- Receive alerts about purchases made over a set dollar amount.
- Set spending region controls that you can adjust when you go on vacation.
- Limit card usage to only certain types of transactions (in-store, online, auto-pay, etc.).
- If you think you may have lost your debit card, you can turn it off in seconds.
2. Protect Your Devices
Keeping your phone, tablet, and computer up-to-date with the latest browsers and software updates can help protect against vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit.
3. Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Many of your apps on your mobile device have an option to turn on two-factor authentication in the Settings > Security section of most apps or websites. While this does not protect you entirely from hackers, this is an important step in preventing your account from being accessed by unauthorized users.
Your protection is top of mind. If you experience suspicious activity on your personal banking accounts, please contact our Customer Care Team at 518.730.3000.